The Discovery Learnerships for matric holders are available every year, including this year as 2017-2018 learnership program. You should learn what they need and ask for the candidates especially for those who want to be a part of the healthcare service in South Africa.
This annual learnership program is directly hosted by Discovery health. You need to know that the program is integrated with the government’s National Skills Development Strategy, which owns the main objective of the program is to reduce the poverty in the country. In addition, the program also helps the government to bring more employments to unemployed South Africans. For your information, the Discovery Health bids a various number of health plans and services. As we know, the country has a big problem in health. It is the reason why this company exists. South Africans suffer from many diseases each year. The country really needs high-quality human resources in this sector. You can help them through the learnership.
There many Discovery Learnerships for matric holders that you can apply every year. All of them are accredited and maintained under the Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority (INSETA) and the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Hence, it should be your best option to test your talent in medical aid sector. This program comes with required qualification for the certificates in the completion of the program. They also prepare a set of training with both theoretical and practical programs during the learnership.
The requirements of the Discovery Learnerships for matric holders are divided into two types. They are competencies and qualifications. The competencies mean that you need to prepare your body and mind in fullfiling the required skills or knowledge. Meanwhile, qualification means that you have to own certificates of particular skills and knowledge. The competencies are as follow:
- Strong English communication skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
The qualifications are as follow:
- Candidates must be South African Citizens
- Hold a valid and recognised Matric with Maths (Minimum D Symbol) and English (Minimum C Symbol on Standard Grade) and a 2nd Language (Minimum D or Level 4)
- Learners must have achieved at least two languages at Matric (Minimum D symbol or Level 4)
- Not be engaged in post-Matric studies or formal employment
- Not have completed any previous Learnership
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years
- Have effective communication skills in the English language
- Possess basic computer skills
- You are expected to demonstrate your interest in the healthcare, administration, and customer services.
How to Apply
The application of the Discovery Learnerships for matric holders must be submitted with your own handwriting. Late or unsigned application will never be considered by the company. Ensure you made the application by yourself. Don’t forget to attach certified copies of the required documents. The photocopied documents aren’t accepted by them. Add the subject with the title of the learnership at the front page. The closing date usually comes in the January each year. The duration of the learnership is about 12 months or 1500 hours of each student.