If you look for a good learnership in South Africa, this SAB Traineeship for Chemical Engineering and Electrical Engineering may be what you are waiting for. With the concerned field of study in Chemical Engineering and Light & Current Engineering, your professional career awaits you after the program.
SAB stands for South African Breweries. This is a company that concerns with bottling and brewing in South Africa. Its headquarters is located in Johannesburg. The company was completely the owner subsidiary of SABMiller until all interests were bought by another beverage company, Anheuser-Busch inBev last year. As a result, this company becomes a direct subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch inBev now. This company was established in 1895, which is one of the oldest ones now. But, it wasn’t as brewing and bottling company as now. Instead, it became a growing market of miners and prospectors. Long story short, it will always be an honor to join this company.
The SAB Traineeship for Chemical Engineering and Electrical Engineering is open to fill their Practical Training program in the related area. The company offers a 12-month, fixed contract for the selected candidates in undergoing both on and off the job training program. In the end, they will gain the National Diploma at NQF5 level. It can be your milestone to enhance your skill and expand your experience in this industry. This degree could be your career safer in the future. In addition, the fixed contract means that you may get some stipend every month. This program is directly funded by South African Breweries. The location is in Chamdor Brewer, Krugersdorp.
The SAB Traineeship for Chemical Engineering and Electrical Engineering already sets some minimum requirement for selecting the best and talented candidates. They are as follow:
- Minimum S4 qualification in Chemical Engineering / Electrical Engineering qualified through the students HET institution in order to be eligible for the P1 & P2 programmes.
- Working experience would be an added advantage
Output and Accountabilities
The program is very organized learning program designed to mix off-the-job and on-the-job learning process. In addition, this is an integrated programme. It means that everything is very structured and managed by the experts. Off-the-job learning concerns with theoretical aspects of the work-based learning. The students will have more chances to know and understand deeper about what they do and don’t. The outputs and accountabilities of the learnership are as follow:
- To provide a national qualification registered on the National Qualification Framework at NQF5 level.
- The qualification is based on SAQA registered unit standards coupled with HET institutions where students have obtained an S4 qualification.
- Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilising a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
How to apply
The online application process is available for the SAB Traineeship for Chemical Engineering and Electrical Engineering. You can apply it through this link . The application process will be closed on 24 July 2017.