Looking for an opportunity to level up your skills and knowledge in the field of Retail Operations? SPAR has announced that the application for Mega Superspar Learnership is finally opened. Keep reading to get more coverage about the programme.
SPAR, originally DESPAR, is a Dutch multinational franchise that manages independently owned and operated food retail stores. It was founded in the Netherlands in 1932, by Adriaan van Well, and now consists of more than 13,112 stores in 48 countries. The company’s name is an acronym of the slogan “Door Eendrachtig Samenwerken Profiteren Allen Regelmatig”, which was used by van Well to describe the brand and translates as “Everyone works better together”.
Many Spar shops are in Europe, but they can also be found in many countries outside of Europe, such as Australia, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Thailand, Nigeria, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Swaziland, Mozambique, Seychelles, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, China, India, Japan (closed 2016), Vanuatu and Angola as well as Greenland.
SPAR South Africa was first established in 1960. A group made up of 8 wholesalers were given exclusive rights to the SPAR name and brand in 1963, and serviced 500 small retailers. Over time and through many mergers and takeovers, today the SPAR Group Ltd operates 6 distribution centres and 1 Build its distribution centre, supplying goods and services to over 1 000 SPAR stores across Southern Africa.
As a company with a Level 5 contributor B-BBEE status level, SPAR Group Ltd holds diverse development programmes for individuals striving for a better future. SPAR Western Cape, a division of The SPAR Group Ltd is currently recruiting for a Retail Operations Trainee to join the team. The programme called “Mega Superspar Learnership” is designed to gather talented individuals to be the participant in this training.
Should you have a keen interest in the programme, check out the eligibility requirements established and what other things that you have to get to be qualified for the Mega Superspar Learnership.
The purpose of this high-level learnership position is to gain exposure to all aspects of the Retail Operations department and stores through experiential learning. The working experience you will earn through completing the programme will be a valuable opportunity for you to up your expertise within the industry.
As a trainee of the Retail Operations department, you will not have fixed responsibilities, however, you will be expected to meet the performance outcomes of the trainee programme including gaining a working knowledge and displaying competence in the following fields:
- Ensuring that store standards are upheld according to SPAR specifications and the respective hygiene and store standard audits.
- Analysing and interpreting store performance statistics and to make recommendations to the Retail Operations Manager re-improving poor performing areas and opportunities in their stores (retail growth, profitability, and cash flow).
- Liaise with and assist retailers with store openings and re-launches.
- Assist in compiling business plans, cash flow forecasts, and feasibilities.
- Implementation and managing of retail projects, as assigned by management.
- Maintain close working relationships with SPAR retailers.
- Perform any reasonable task requested by management.
The Mega Superspar Learnership will be held for two years in Western Cape, South Africa. The successful candidate has to sign a fixed-term contract after being declared as the qualified trainee of the programme, meaning that you will be provided benefit and a qualification afterward according to the mutually signed contract agreement.
Upon completing the training, you will be equipped with skills and knowledge in all aspects of the retail operations business. You will learn how to maintain store performance statistics, contribute to making recommendations to the Retail Operations Manager, improve the underperformance parts of a SPAR store to grow, turn them into a profit, and create cash flow.
To be deemed as the qualifying candidate, you have to fulfill the minimum requirements as set out below.
- You must have earned a Matric certificate or completed a Grade-12 qualification.
- A tertiary qualification in Business or Financial Management is advantageous.
- Previous working experience in a Retail environment is favorable.
- You should demonstrate good computer literacy especially in operating MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- You must possess good communication and interpersonal skills, a high level of numeracy, and business acumen.
- You are required to be assertive, organised, customer service oriented, energetic, and prepared to work outside the normal working hours.
- You have to exhibit a strong desire to grow your career and preparedness to go the extra mile.
How to Apply
The application for Mega Superspar Learnership can be done online. Visit the Mega Superspar Learnership’s official registration page here, and click on the “Apply” button below the Position Summary box. A new pop-up box will appear. It indicates which method you wish to apply for the learnership. You can log in through an existing account, or sign up if you have never created an account before.
Upon creating a new account, you will be asked to provide some information regarding yourself, including:
- Full name
- Disability status
- Current domicile
- Mobile telephone number
- Alternate telephone number
- Preferred job title
- Availability status
- Current salary
- Desired salary
- Relocating status
- CV attachment
Finally, click on “SUBMIT” to finalise your registration procedure. You will be informed soon about your application status, but normally, you can expect to hear from the selection committee three weeks after the closing date. If you haven’t heard anything till then, please consider your application as unsuccessful. You can try, however, for another lucrative opportunity, such as BankSeta Pivotal Programmes or Transcend Learnership Programme.
The application for Mega Superspar Learnership will be closed on November 11, 2020. All the required documentation is expected to be submitted before the due date. Kindly note that late or incomplete submission will be disqualified, hence ensure that you have prepared everything in advance.
Have any questions about the programme? Or, stumble upon technical difficulties during applying? SPAR got you assisted. Send your queries through SPAR Group Ltd’s official Contact Us page here, or you can mail your question to:
SPAR Group Ltd Head Office
22 Chancery Lane
Telephone: 031 719 1900
For the latest update on Mega Superspar Learnership, visit SPAR’s official website at www.spar.co.za.