Looking for an opportunity to hone your technical skills? Sibanye Stillwater Learnership will facilitate you about this matter.
Sibanye Stillwater Learnership is organized by Sibanye Stillwater, a South African company engaged in the precious metals mining industry. The company has a diverse portfolio of platinum group metal (PGM) operations in the United States and Southern Africa, gold operations and projects in South Africa, and copper, gold, and PGM exploration properties in North and South America.
It is the world’s largest primary producer of platinum and rhodium, the second-largest primary producer of palladium, and a top tier gold producer, ranking third globally, on a gold-equivalent basis, as well as a significant producer of other PGMs and associated minerals such as chrome. Sibanye Stillwater is also the globally leading recycler and processor of spent PGM catalytic converter materials.
At Sibanye Stillwater, the company believes its mining improves lives. The vision is of superior value creation for all its stakeholders through the responsible mining of its mineral resources.
Everything the company does is driven by several crucial values:
- Commitment: Sibanye Stillwater is committed to operational excellence, to the highest standards of corporate governance, ethical conduct, and regulatory compliance, to the protection of life, health, and the environment, and to adhering to industry and international disclosure and reporting standards which align with the company’s values.
- Accountability: Sibanye Stillwater is accountable to its stakeholders for delivering on its key operational targets and strategic objectives, for identifying, managing, and mitigating the risks inherent in the business, and for maximising the return on all of the capital the company deploys.
- Respect: Sibanye Stillwater treats people fairly, respects each other, values those from all backgrounds, promotes and supports diversity, and seeks to help all its employees realise their full potential.
- Enabling: Sibanye Stillwater enables prosperous and sustainable operations by engaging with its stakeholders, empowering its employees, and ensuring the company’s communities benefit from its operations and are equipped with skills and resources that will endure after mining ceases.
- Safety: Sibanye Stillwater makes safety its top priority because everyone has the right to a safe working environment and nothing is more important than the health, safety, and well-being of its people.
Why should you join Sibanye Stillwater, then?
Joining Sibanye-Stillwater means becoming part of a global workforce of more than 84,521 people and a company committed to strengthening our communities, preserving and protecting the integrity of its environment, and advancing the mining industry through new technologies.
Across the company’s operations, it is focused on workplace diversity and talent retention. Sibanye Stillwater aims to build a workforce that reflects the demographics of its host regions and that supports and proactively attracts women at all levels in the organisation.
To start benefitting from this excellent workplace, you can begin the journey by applying for the Sibanye Stillwater Learnership. Below we have provided all the information you will need to guide you seamlessly through its application processes. We have also added several other important details about the eligibility requirements and closing dates to make sure that your odds of being accepted are guaranteed.
Sibanye Stillwater Learnership Programme Overview
On September 18th, 2020, Sibanye Stillwater opened an exciting opportunity for unemployed youth with an interest in engineering to apply for the Sibanye Stillwater Learnership programme. This learnership will be held to educate selected candidates about the critical skills required by an engineer to work in the excavation industry. As a successful candidate, you will also receive training that further hone your practical skills.
Although the learnership is open to the public, Sibanye Stillwater will give preference to HDSA and female applicants as a consequence of the company’s commitment to achieving and safeguarding the diversity and equity of employment. Also, a limited number of positions are being offered to Kloof Mine employees for an opportunity in line with Sibanye Stillwater’s business needs in the engineering fields listed below:
- Fitting (including machining) that requires qualification subjects in Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, and Fitting including Machining Trade Theory.
If you are interested in applying, then continue to read what conditions you must meet to accept the position.
To be certified as a successful candidate for this learnership, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must possess a minimum of N2 qualifications or other qualifications equivalent to be considered in certain parts of the engineering trades mentioned in the previous session.
- You have a minimum of six months of service with Sibanye Stillwater.
- You should be recommended based on the results of the interview.
- You must receive a psychometric evaluation score of 4 or higher.
- You have received a Protection Services Cleansing certification.
- You have been declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by the risk-based medical exam at certain Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Care Centers.
After meeting the basic criteria above, you can continue your application process to the next stage.
How to Apply
Applications for Sibanye Stillwater Learnership can be made online. You can visit this link to access the official registration page. You are required to submit a complete application form which you can get here, Record of Service, latest Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of your ID and Qualifications to Stillwater Sibanye Academy. Applicants with an N2 must have subjects that are relevant to the applied scientific field. Applicants in possession of Section 28 or 26D Trade Certificates will not be considered including another learnership.
Next, you will need to undergo an interview process and psychometric assessment, which will be considered during the allocation of learnerships. The selection process will not be delayed to accommodate applicants whose screening process is delayed for whatsoever reason. All entry-level requirements outcomes will be considered before you are being promoted for the programme.
Please submit the application form along with other required documentation at the following link. You will be redirected to a new page where you have to enter some information related to things following:
- Personal details
- A few additional questions
- Personal history
- Employment background
- Additional information
- Upload documents
- Declaration of commitment
You can end the application process by clicking on the “Submit” button after you have fulfilled the eight fields above.
Sibanye Stillwater Learnership Closing Dates
Applications for Sibanye Stillwater Learnership will close on 24 October 2020. Make sure you have submitted your application documents by the deadline. Note that selectors will not consider incomplete applications, so double check your application to avoid important documentation that has not been included on your application yet.
If you have questions about Sibanye Stillwater Learnership or face technical problems during the registration process, you can deliver your query to the telephone number listed below:
Sibanye Stillwater Learnership Recruitment Person
Tel: 010 001 1422
For more information about this programme, visit the official website of Sibanye Stillwater at www.sibanyestillwater.com.
Applying for the internship
Interested for the internship please call me
Applying for learnership