A good job is important to you, be it your economy or your mental health. While you can earn money, buy the things you need, pay your bills, give you a place to live, and basically give you the flexibility to do the things you want to do, a good job also provides an identity for you in society. When all of these have been fulfiled, you will feel great. Knowing you can do something well and make money from your skills is a great feeling.
Yet, with the virus outbreak, you may face many challenges in finding a good job these days. Coupled with today’s recruitment requirements that require job seekers to be more talented and capable of many things, it is almost an impossible thing. The good news is, you don’t have to worry anymore. Western Cape Government Jobs now open up many opportunities for entry-level positions.
With the basic requirements that are not too complicated, you can find a job that fits your abilities which, of course, still pays you a reasonable amount easily. This is a great opportunity for you, whether you are currently unemployed, considering a job transfer, or are in the early stages of starting your career path.
As an employer, the Western Cape Government provides ample opportunities for people who have a passion for serving others to make a real difference in the quality of life of our citizens. All departments involved will equip you fully to fulfil your service role competently and with enthusiasm.
In serving others, you will be a member of an achievement-driven team. You will work in an attractive and safe work setting, Located in one of the most beautiful natural settings in the world – the fairest Cape of them all – and live and work in a province that aspires to be the best run regional government in the world.
There are thirteen departments currently opening vacancies, including:
- Community Safety
- Cultural Affairs and Sport
- Economic Development and Tourism
- Environmental Affairs and Development Planning
- Human Settlements
- Local Government
- Provincial Treasury
- Social Development
- Transport and Public Works
The following guide will tell you what positions are available on Western Cape Government Jobs and the requirements for each. Read to the end to find the position that works best for you right now.
1. Emergency Control Centre Agent (Call Takers)
As an Emergency Control Centre Agent Call Taker, your duties include:
- Receiving and capture incoming emergency calls on the GEMC data system
- Manage caller anxiety and stress
- Interrogate the call and assess the nature and priority of the case
- Dispatch the relevant emergency resources via radio as required
- Monitor and control the progress of all emergency incidents
- Maintain order and hygiene in the control room
You will be asked to provide a Senior (or equivalent) certificate and demonstrate computer literacy (mainly in MS Office) to qualify for the position. You will also need to be able to communicate effectively in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape. A third language will be advantageous. Knowledge of the GEMC/CAD computer-aided dispatching system. You will be placed in the Department of Health, with benefits including 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing, and medical aid allowance.
Visit https://www.scubedonline.co.za/recruitment_wcdh/recruitment-portal.aspx to apply now for this position. The application will remain available until February 19, 2021.
2. Pharmacist Assistant (Post-Basic) Grade 1 to 3
As a Pharmacist Assistant, your duties include:
- Assist with the receiving and storage of pharmaceutical products from suppliers
- Assist with the control of pharmaceutical stock
- Assist with the Issuing of stock against orders from health facilities within the scope of practice of a Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant
- Assist with the efficient and secure packaging of pharmaceutical products for delivery
- Assist with the effective control and distribution of completed pharmaceutical orders to facilities
- Compliance with good pharmacy practice and good warehouse practice
- Support and assist the Pharmacy Supervisor with collating statistics
To qualify for the position, please provide a qualification that allows registration with SAPC as a Pharmacist Assistant (Post-Basic) as required by the training facility and the South African Pharmacy Council. You should also have the knowledge and/or experience in handling pharmaceutical supplies particularly in a warehouse environment, including Cold Chain Practices, Drug Supply Management Principles, and/or wholesale warehouse practices and procedures. Demonstrate proficiency in at least two of three official languages of Western Cape, good numeric skills, be meticulous to detail.
Visit https://www.scubedonline.co.za/recruitment_wcdh/recruitment-portal.aspx to apply now for this position. The application will remain available until October 30, 2020.
3. Administration Clerk: Support
Upon applying for this position, you will be placed in Worcester Regional Hospital. Your duties as an Administration Clerk include:
- Drawing of inpatient lists – mid-day and midnight
- Answering of telephones and referral of enquiries
- Handle telephonic and personal enquiries with regards to patients
- Handle visitor enquiries
- Comply with Ideal Facility requirements with regards to a patient-centered experience
- Provide relief clerical and administrative support to the supervisor
Please fulfil these basic requirements below if you wish to apply.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of Department of Health complaints management and excellent interpersonal skills, as well as telephone etiquette
- Strong sense of confidentiality and trustworthiness and ability to ensure confidentiality of sensitive information and use own initiative, work independently and under pressure
If you’re interested, send your application here before October 16, 2020.
4. Administrative Officer: Supply Chain Management
Upon applying for this position, you will be placed in the Khayelitsha/Eastern Sub-Structure Office. Your duties as an Administration Officer in Supply Chain Management include:
- Ensure effective and efficient contract management and financial reporting/procurement processes in Khayelitsha/Eastern Sub-Structure, including Hospitals Control of inventory, warehouse, and asset management
- Ensure audit compliance, as well as handle audit queries concerning SCM and contract management
- Accurate and timeous monthly reporting, as well as the compilation of annual/interim financial statements
- Provide training at Institutions on contract management
- Effective support to the SAO/ASD SCM to manage the Contract Management Function
Please fulfil these basic requirements below if you wish to apply.
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with Mathematics and/or Accountancy as a passed subject and/or Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with experience/competencies that focuses on the Key Performance Areas (KPA’s) of the post
- Relevant knowledge, skills of processes, procedures, prescripts and legislative framework, PFMA, NTR and PTI and the Accounting Officer’s System of the Department of Health, including delegations
- In-depth knowledge of SCOA codes, transaction codes, reports on LOGIS and IPS
- Knowledge of Bas and Logis Reconciliations
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Able to work independently in a stressful environment
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Submit your application here https://www.scubedonline.co.za/recruitment_wcdh/recruitment-portal.aspx before October 30, 2020.
5. Accounting Clerk: Cash Flow Management
The Department of Agriculture, Western Cape, Government has an exciting opportunity for a competent individual to render cash flow management functions for the department. The successful incumbent must be able to solve financial problems within the field of work. This post is based in Elsenburg, Stellenbosch.
Upon applying for this position, you will be required to possess a good understanding of the following:
- Basic Accounting System
- Relevant legislation, directions, and procedures about financial administration
- Public Finance Management Act
- National Treasury Regulations
- Provincial Treasury Instructions
- Division of Revenue Act (DORA)
- Medium Term Expenditure Framework
- Standard Chart of Accounts
Besides, you are also required to demonstrate these capabilities to be qualified as the Accounting Clerk.
- Good planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal relations
Only applications submitted online through https://westerncapegov.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/View/WCG200922-2 will be accepted. Apply before November 2, 2020.
6. Environmental Officer
The Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning, Western Cape Government has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and competent individual to facilitate the development and maintenance of a comprehensive, cohesive and integrated suite of environmental and land management laws and policies in the province and between spheres of government. This post is based in Cape Town.
You must possess an appropriate Honours Degree in Environmental Management, Natural Sciences, Law, Planning, Environmental Sciences, or related fields and a valid code B driving licence to apply.
Other than that, the following requirements must also be met.
- Knowledge and experience in development planning and environmental legislation, Integrated planning processes, law reform and the formulation of policy, government administrative processes and procedures, project management
- Computer Literacy
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Communication (written and verbal) and report writing skills
- Must have the ability to work well within a team
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and independently
- Honesty and integrity
Visit https://westerncapegov.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/View/WCG200722-2 to apply now for this position. The application will remain available until October 19, 2020.
7. Administrative Officer (Disability)
The Department of Social Development, Western Cape Government has an employment opportunity for a competent and suitably qualified individual to conduct monitoring interventions at NGOs. The successful incumbent will have an opportunity to display his/her monitoring and evaluation knowledge and skills in a dynamic highly pressurized environment to develop further. This post is stationed in Cape Town, CBD.
You must have an appropriate 3-year tertiary qualification (National Diploma/B-Degree) and a minimum of 1-year relevant experience to be qualified for the position.
Visit https://westerncapegov.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/View/WCG200910-7 to apply now for this position. The application will remain available until October 19, 2020.
The Western Cape Government, Department of Transport and Public Works have an employment opportunity for a suitably qualified and competent individual to provide a comprehensive secretarial and line administrative services, inclusive of internal and external reporting for the branch. This post is stationed in Cape Town, CBD.
You must have an appropriate 3-year tertiary qualification (National Diploma/B-Degree or higher qualification) and a minimum of 1-year of relevant working experience in this field.
It is advisable if you can provide the following documentation/qualification:
- A valid (Code B or higher) driving license
- Exposure to Government Procurement and financial processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge and experience in Roads Branch
- Willingness to travel when required
- Proven experience in written communication
- Courses and further training
If you’re interested, send your application here https://westerncapegov.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/View/WCG200926-1 before November 2, 2020.
9. Social Worker (Disability)
The Department of Social Development, Western Cape Government has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and competent social worker to provide social work services through the promotion of social change, problem-solving in human relationships and the empowerment and liberation of people, communities, and organisations to enhance social well-being. This post is based in Cape Town, CBD.
To be qualified for the position, you must have at least a formal tertiary qualification in Social Work (Bachelor of Social Work) that allows professional registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions as a Social Worker, registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions as a Social Worker, and a valid Code B driving licence.
Only applications submitted online through https://westerncapegov.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/View/WCG200910-5 will be accepted. Send your application before October 19, 2020.
10. Occupational Health and Safety Officer
The Department of the Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government has exciting opportunities for three suitably qualified and competent individuals to ensure compliance at the office of the District Roads Engineer Paarl, Oudtshoorn, and mechanical workshop, Bellville: following the conditions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. These posts are based in Paarl, Bellville, and Oudtshoorn respectively.
Provide an appropriate 3-year tertiary qualification (National Diploma/B-Degree) or higher qualification, a minimum of 1-year relevant experience, compulsory registration with SACPCMP as an Occupational Health and Safety Officer, and a valid driving licence (Code B) to apply for the position.
Submit your application here before October 19, 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department. The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00. Should you experience any difficulties with your online application for Western Cape Government Jobs, you may contact the helpline at 0861 370 202. Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.
All in all, good luck!