Looking to change your career path? Or you are currently on the search for certified training to improve your skills? Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development Learnership through www.cvspaces.co.za is here as an excellent solution for your worries.
As quoted from the official website of the Department of Infrastructure Development of Gauteng Province, the department through its Expanded Public Works Programme is recruiting 2,500 learners from the province who are interested in taking part in this learnership in the 2020/2022 financial year to be placed in the National Youth Service Programme. It was further explained that the National Youth Service (NYS) intake will include 60% of women, 40% of men, 2% of people with disabilities, and 85% of Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDIs).
The following guide will help you to easily apply for the Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development Learnership. You will learn how the learnership works, positions offered, placement locations, and closing dates you definitely should not miss.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look into it.
Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development Learnership is a training program sponsored by the Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development which is open to the public. This learnership will be held with a focus on combining theory and practical work experience to broaden the knowledge and improve the abilities of the participants.
It is hoped that the 24-month learnership can contribute positively to the economic growth of the country, as well as address the shortage of talented individuals who are ready to work in South Africa. Once the programme has been completed, participants are also expected to be able to apply the new technical skills they have acquired to significantly influence the business or institution they are working for and inspire the community wherever they are.
There are a total of 187 vacancies in this training with a capacity of 2,500 learners who will be appointed to the following positions:
- Admin Assistant in ICT, Sonar, and Reception
- Admin Unit
- Archive Registry
- Assets Management Admin
- Assistant Financial Officer
- Assistant Transport Officer
- Boiler Assistance
- Casualty Admin
- Clinical Engineering Admin
- Facility Management Unit Admin
- Finance Department Admin
- Finance Unit Admin
- HR Admin
- Mechanical Inspectorate
- Nursing Unit Admin
- Office Service
- Patient Affairs Department Admin
- PDD-Nursing Admin
- Procurement Department Admin
- Quality Assurance Admin
- Record Department Admin
- Registry Clerks
- Stores Assistant
- Supply Chain Unit Admin
- Wellness Department Admin
- X-Ray Department (M/A) Admin
Later, you will be placed in several important institutions in Gauteng Province such as:
- Carletonville Hospital
- Dr. Yusuf Dadoo Hospital
- Leratong Hospital
- Sterkfontein Hospital
- West Rand District
- Westhoven Regional Office
Once you complete the learnership, you will get a variety of fruitful benefits, including:
- Monthly stipend starting from R3,500
- A nationally recognized level of NQF qualification in the chosen field
- Technical expertise in related fields
- Training and mentoring to increase your productivity and profitability as an employee or as an individual in general
Interested in being a part of this extraordinary opportunity? Read on to find out if you have what it takes to fill the role.
To be considered as one of the eligible candidates for the learnership you must meet all of the following basic requirements.
You are a South Africa citizen.
- You must have completed at least Grade 12 or obtained a Matric certificate.
- This learnership is open to a) recently hired workers, b) individuals who are currently working for a department or institution but wish to change career paths or expand their skills, c) individuals currently working for a department or institution but are recommended to develop their abilities following those required in the Skills Development Act, and d) workers who are appointed to a new place or task.
- You must be willing to attend this training until the end of the program and be ready to sign a fixed-term contract.
- You should have a particular interest in the Construction Sector, IT and Administration, or any other sector where you will be assigned.
- You must reside close to the place where the learnership will be held and have a valid proof of settlement.
- You don’t have any prior criminal record.
- You can show proof of ownership of a Bank Account.
How to Apply
You can apply online for any of the positions offered at the Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development Learnership. Visit this www.cvspaces.co.za to search for the desired role, then simply click “View & Apply”. The following documents will be required to apply for the Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development Learnership:
- A certified ID document
- A detailed CV
- Certified proof of qualification
- A certified own Bank Account confirmation letter
- Certified proof of address
You are not allowed to apply physically due to COVID-19. The organiser will not consider applications sent by post.
Before applying, you will be asked to create a CV Spaces account. Some of the personal information requested includes:
- Your name
- A personal email address
- Mobile phone number
- South African ID number
- Certified ID document
- Date of birth
- Birth country
- Marital status
- Disabilities status
- Field of interest
- Detailed CV
- Highest educational qualification details (educational institution, country, qualification type, grade or field of study, date enrolled and qualified, and certified proof of qualification)
- Own bank account details (bank account type, bank, account number, account holder’s name, branch name, branch code, swift code, routing number or Fedwire, IBAN number, bank address, account start date, and certified own bank account confirmation letter)
- Residential address details
When you have filled in all the required sections, click “Register” and continue the remaining application process according to the instructions.
The application period for the Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development Learnership only lasts for 7 days, starting from 21 to 27 September 2020. Make sure you have prepared all the required documentation in advance so you won’t miss the deadline. If you haven’t heard from the organiser for more than 2 months, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Submit your inquiries regarding the Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development Learnership to the contact details listed below.
The Gauteng EPWP Helpdesk
15th Floor Corner House Building
Sauer and Commissioner Street
Tel: 011 355 5463
Email: Ouma.Ngobeni@gauteng.gov.za (The Selection Committee Representative)
Visit the official website of CV Spaces at www.cvspaces.co.za for more information about the Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development Learnership.