Read this Sasol vacancy for driver position if you look for a job and would like to change your future. Driver job position is a demanding job position for everyone. In addition, the company is very popular and well-known in the country. Don’t miss the opportunity.
Sasol was established in 1950 in Sasolburg, South Africa. Perhaps, it is the reason why the company is called Sasol. For your information, this is a company that focuses on integrated energy and chemical company. Its home-base is in Secunda, South Africa. With those resources, the company owns responsibility to develop the technology and commercialize them all to solve many problems occurred these days. In the world, Sasol is the first oil-from-coal company. The company also integrates with major shareholders in the world. You must join this Sasol vacancy for driver position to reach your dream.
This Sasol vacancy for driver position will be based on the Secunda Chemical Operations business unit, which is located in Secunda, South Africa. The primary goal of the job is to drive safely with anything and anyone, including packages and products. Of course, driving is a common job out there. But, Sasol aims the safe transportation for everyone. It means the responsibility that you should carry as the successful candidate of the vacancy must be large. In addition, this is a professional company. You must be professional as well. For the details, here are the minimum requirements that you must complete as the candidates as follow:
- Matric/Grade 12 or N3
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have a Code 8 (B)/ Code 10 (C 1) License
- Knowledge of road signs and regulations
- 1 – 2 years’ experience as driver
- Know and correctly use the safety equipment on the vehicle, following correct safety procedures
- Correct use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Check to ensure vehicle is constantly in a road worthy condition and record/ report defects according to K guidelines
- Perform daily vehicle pre-trip inspection according to a standard checklist and report defects
- First line vehicle maintenance, e.g. refuelling, tyres pressure, oil level top up, tyre change/ wheel nut torque, etc.
Job duties are things that you must do during your work. The Sasol vacancy for driver position requires the successful candidates to:
- Provide adequate feedback to supervisor on work progress
- Attend and participate in green area meeting/ safety/ morning/ toolbox talks
- Daily activities executed according to plan
- Comply to government charter/ legal framework
- Comply to site operational requirements and procedures
- Ensure adherence to all rules and regulations
- Planning of own activities, including planning of optimal route for multiple stop points
How to Apply
Online application is required for the candidates in submitting their application. As we know, internet is a common thing these days. You shouldn’t worry about it. You just need to prepare everything such as documents, qualifications and CV in scanned versions. Then, access the official link here to submit your application. The Sasol vacancy for driver position will end the selection on 21 September 2017. Please don’t be late because late and incomplete applications are unacceptable.