Sibanye Gold bursaries programme for South Africans is your best chance to expand and develop your qualifications. You shouldn’t be worried anymore how to receive a higher qualification. This programme will help you gaining better future. Check the description below.
The host institution of the Sibanye Gold bursaries programme for South Africans is Sibanye-Stillwater. It is an independent metal mining group that focuses on producing special type of metals. For your information, it combines gold and the platinum group metals (PGMs) on its products. This company is headquartered in South Africa although it owns two main regions, the Southern Africa and the United States regions. It has been through many operations and projects globally with high-quality metal products. Internationally, the company becomes the third largest producer of palladium and platinum. It is also categorized as top ten gold companies of the world.
The company’s vision is clear and on-target. According to its site, the main target is to create and made superior value creation especially for its clients or stakeholders. It will be more focus on mining projects in their multi-commodity resources with health and safe surroundings for everyone. You have no need to worry about the company because it is worth it for your future career. The company also conducts some bursaries and internships that you are able to join and follow every year, including this one. What you have to do is to read this article and understand the minimum requirements for you.
This Sibanye Gold bursaries programme for South Africansbids the best opportunities for several universities especially in the 2017/2018 academic year. The universities are as follow:
- University of Johannesburg,
- University of the Witwatersrand,
- University of Pretoria and
- North West University.
For you who are in a local community and labour, the company also offers this chance to you. The bursary duration is as same as a full-time study. The curriculum is based on the Sibanye’s business needs. Please consider one of these disciplines as follow:
- BSc Mining Engineering
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Metallurgical Engineering
- BSc Geology
- BSc Chemical Engineering
There are several requirements that you must see to win a chance of this bursaries program. They are as follow:
- South African citizens and under or turning the age of 21 during their first year of study (applicants for first year of undergraduate study) and under or turning (or have been under the age of, or turned) the age of 23 during their second year of study (applicants for second and subsequent years of undergraduate study)
- Studying or intention to study full-time towards a degree at a recognized South African university that is acceptable to Sibanye-Stillwater
- Ability to provide proof of their academic results for grade 11 and progress in grade 12 or alternatively be in possession of a grade 12 exemption certificate with acceptable symbols or tertiary results
- Intention to study for a bachelor’s degree full-time commencing in the year after the application is made
- Acceptance by the university for the degree course as recorded on the bursary application form
How to Apply
To apply the Sibanye Gold bursaries programme for South Africans, you have to submit your application form to one of these addresses, [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]. The deadline is on 2 October 2017.